Dental Cleanings in New Berlin
Dental Cleanings Near Me in New Berlin
Part of keeping a healthy smile is having regular dental cleanings. It's recommended by the American Dental Association that patients get their teeth cleaned at least once a year. However, children and those who have experienced periodontal issues in the past may need to undergo two cleanings a year.
What's Included in Dental Cleanings?
If you've never had a dental cleaning before or it's been a long-time since your last one, you're likely wondering what's included in the process. By understanding the main steps involved, you can better put your nerves at ease about the dental cleaning process.
- Physical exam: When you first arrive, you'll undergo a physical exam. This is where Dr. Tom Kraklow will examine all of your teeth to check for signs of mouth disease, like gingivitis.
- Removing tarter and plaque: Next, Dr. Kraklow will use a scaler to remove unwanted plaque and tartar from your teeth. This tool looks like a handle with a hook on the end of it. You'll be able to physically hear a scraping noise as he works this tool in between and against your teeth.
- Toothpaste cleaning: After the majority of tartar and plaque has been removed from your teeth, Dr. Kraklow will use a high-powered electric brush to apply a gritty toothpaste to each tooth. This helps to provide an even deeper cleaning to remove any remaining plaque and works to polish your teeth.
- Professional flossing: Next, Dr. Kraklow will utilize floss to remove any debris from trouble spots on your teeth and gums.
- Fluoride treatment and rinsing: A fluoride treatment will be applied to your teeth as a protectant to fight against cavities over the coming months. Lastly, you'll rinse off the fluoride and be on your way.
Should I Get Dental Cleanings Near Me?
While you may at first think that dental cleanings are optional, they're really not when you want to have good oral health. Those living in the New Berlin area should regularly see our dentist at Kraklow Quality Dentistry. This cleaning process will help to remove stuck-on plaque and tartar that you're unable to remove with brushing and flossing on your own.
Regular dental cleanings are a great way to prevent gum disease, which could lead to early tooth loss. Dr. Kraklow will be able to identify problems with tooth fractures, broken fillings, and more. Additionally, dental cleanings provide a great opportunity for Dr. Kraklow to detect the early stages of mouth cancer when it's more treatable.
If you're due for a dental cleaning, it's time to contact Kraklow Quality Dentistry to get on the schedule!