Dental Cleanings in Greenfield
It’s important to visit your dentist twice a year for a checkup and cleaning. Early detection is the best way to prevent oral problems from escalating. At Kraklow Quality Dentistry, Dr. Tom Kraklow encourages regular dental cleanings as opportunities for educating patients about dental issues and spotting problems early enough to treat them before it’s too late.
Dental Cleanings Near Me
Getting your teeth professionally cleaned ranks as one of the greatest experiences you’ll have during dental appointments. Your mouth and teeth feel fresh and clean, and you just naturally want to smile to show off your teeth. When’s the last time you had a professional cleaning? If it's been a while, Dr. Kraklow can help.
Dental cleanings near me and good oral hygiene at home prevent tooth decay, gum disease, cavities and a host of oral problems, including bad breath. Brushing teeth and using mouthwash helps, but these efforts can’t entirely prevent bad breath or gingivitis. Regular dental cleanings give you a clean slate twice a year, so most problems won’t progress very far before being spotted by Dr. Kraklow and our staff. The benefits of dental teeth cleaning include:
- Checkup opportunities: Dr. Kraklow has time to examine your teeth for signs of oral problems.
- Friendly hygienists: Our hygienists are friendly and personable while removing most stubborn stains that discolor the teeth and dull your smile.
- Prevention of gum disease: Removing plaque and tartar helps prevent gum disease, and only professional cleaning removes all plaque buildup on the teeth.
- Checking for signs of oral cancer: Early detection of oral cancer raises the odds of successful treatment. In the United States, one person dies every hour from this disease. Our staff is thoroughly briefed and trained to recognize the symptoms of oral cancer.
- Other health benefits: There is a strong link between gum disease and cardiovascular disease. Symptoms of gingivitis can serve as early warnings of heart disease and possible strokes.
- Detection: Dr. Kraklow easily detects early signs of oral problems like broken fillings, tooth fractures, teeth misalignment and cavities.
Getting rid of plaque is not something you can do at home on your own. Good dental hygiene lowers your susceptibility to plaque, but food and sugar particles feed oral bacteria. As colonies grow, they produce a biofilm made of hardened tartar. Acids formed by bacterial plaque erode tooth enamel, irritate the gums and lead to gum disease. That’s why it’s so important to get professional cleanings by Dr. Kraklow and our staff.
Scheduling Dental Cleanings Near Me
You can be certain that Dr. Kraklow and our staff have the right equipment and training to remove every trace of plaque and tartar while cleaning your teeth. We’ll also spot any emerging oral issues that need attention. Contact us now to schedule a cleaning appointment or other dental service.