Kraklow Quality Dentistry is proud to offer dental crowns to restore healthy, functional smiles. We are committed to utilizing cutting-edge technology and the best available materials for durable, natural-looking and feeling restorations. The question is, why would you require a dental crown?
What Is a Dental Crown?
A dental crown, also known as a cap, is a tooth-shaped restoration that fully encases the visible portion of a tooth to restore it and improve its shape, size, appearance, or alignment. Our porcelain crowns look, feel, and function just like your natural teeth. The material is incredibly durable, typically lasting up to 15 years, and in some cases even up to 30 years!
Why Would You Need a Dental Crown?
Dental crowns address a variety of concerns. They are commonly used for the following reasons:
- To protect weak teeth or to strengthen and hold together the parts of cracked or fractured teeth
- To repair teeth with cavities too large to support traditional dental fillings
- To restore the shape and function of severely worn down teeth
- To strengthen teeth after root canal therapy
- To restore missing teeth by covering dental implants or holding dental bridges in place
- To correct severely stained or discolored teeth that are not responsive to traditional teeth whitening
- To make cosmetic modifications in the shape, length, size, or alignment of teeth
What Are Partial Crowns?
Inlays and onlays, also known as partial crowns, are used to repair teeth with too much damage to restore using traditional dental fillings but not enough damage to warrant the use of a dental crown. An inlay typically covers the damaged chewing surface of a tooth between the cusps, while an onlay replaces one or more of a tooth’s cusps. A partial crown helps prolong a tooth’s life, restoring its strength and integrity. Inlays and onlays are extremely strong and durable, with the potential of lasting 30 years or more!
All-Ceramic Crowns for Outstanding Results
At Kraklow Quality Dentistry, we are proud to offer all-ceramic crowns, which look and feel remarkably like natural teeth, yet provide the same, if not more, strength and durability as traditional dental crowns. Our ceramic crowns are custom-made for you from porcelain and zirconia, which is the same substance used to make synthetic diamonds.
Dental Crowns Near Me
Contact Kraklow Quality Dentistry in Milwaukee, WI, to learn more about our dental crowns designed to restore healthy, functional smiles. Our team is committed to delivering top-notch care using cutting-edge technology and materials. Call us and schedule your appointment today!